Skip to content
- When you’re not wearing your jewellery you should keep them in a safe and secure place,
like your bedroom.
- Do not keep your jewellery in the bathroom because all of the moisture from your shower
and sink will make the sterling silver pieces tarnish extra quickly.
- Jewellery boxes are a great place to keep your jewellery, but you should keep in mind that it
does not protect the sterling silver pieces from tarnishing and oxidation.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive
- Do not wear jewellery when in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while
bathing or showering.
- Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes can all cause tarnishing and damage.
- Remove jewellery when doing household tasks.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your
- Gently wipe jewellery clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage.
- Don’t yank or pull chains.